application_name can be any string of less than
NAMEDATALEN characters (64 characters in a standard build). It is typically set by an application upon connection to the server. The name will be displayed in the pg_stat_activity view and included in CSV log entries. It can also be included in regular log entries via the log_line_prefix parameter. Only printable ASCII characters may be used in the
application_name value. Other characters will be replaced with question marks (
- Re: Auditing via logical decoding
- Re: [PATCH] Include application_name in "connection authorized" log message
- Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
- Re: Contribution to postgresql
- When use prepared protocol, transaction will hold backend_xmin until the end of the transaction.