Controls whether the server should run the autovacuum launcher daemon. This is on by default; however, track_counts must also be enabled for autovacuum to work. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line; however, autovacuuming can be disabled for individual tables by changing table storage parameters.
Note that even when this parameter is disabled, the system will launch autovacuum processes if necessary to prevent transaction ID wraparound. See vacuum-for-wraparound for more information.
- Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive and anti-wraparound ru
- RE: Temporary tables prevent autovacuum, leading to XID wraparound
- Re: vacuum and autovacuum - is it good to configure the threshold at TABLE LEVEL?
- Re: High CPU load caused by the autovacuum launcher process
- Re: autovacuum: change priority of the vacuumed tables