Controls whether the server should run the autovacuum launcher daemon. This is on by default; however, track_counts must also be enabled for autovacuum to work. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line; however, autovacuuming can be disabled for individual tables by changing table storage parameters.
Note that even when this parameter is disabled, the system will launch autovacuum processes if necessary to prevent transaction ID wraparound. See vacuum-for-wraparound for more information.
- Re: Per-tablespace autovacuum settings
- Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)
- Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive and anti-wraparound ru
- Re: vacuum and autovacuum - is it good to configure the threshold at TABLE LEVEL?
- Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum in log_autovacuum_min_duration