Specifies the maximum age (in transactions) that a table's pg_class.relfrozenxid field can attain before a VACUUM operation is forced to prevent transaction ID wraparound within the table. Note that the system will launch autovacuum processes to prevent wraparound even when autovacuum is otherwise disabled.
Vacuum also allows removal of old files from the pg_xact subdirectory, which is why the default is a relatively low 200 million transactions. This parameter can only be set at server start, but the setting can be reduced for individual tables by changing table storage parameters. For more information see vacuum-for-wraparound.
- Auto analyze not running for all tables in Postgres 9.2 database
- Postgresql 9.3 Autovacuum not keeping up despite aggressive settings
- is there any adverse effect on DB if I set autovacuum scale factor to zero for certain tables?
- postgresql autovacuum not working although process is running
- postgresql simple select is slow