Specifies the cost limit value that will be used in automatic VACUUM operations. If -1 is specified (which is the default), the regular vacuum_cost_limit value will be used. Note that the value is distributed proportionally among the running autovacuum workers, if there is more than one, so that the sum of the limits for each worker does not exceed the value of this variable. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line; but the setting can be overridden for individual tables by changing table storage parameters.
- Tuning autovacuum for update heavy tables
- Auto analyze not running for all tables in Postgres 9.2 database
- Postgresql 9.3 Autovacuum not keeping up despite aggressive settings
- postgresql autovacuum not working although process is running
- Improve postgreql insert performance when compared to Oracle. Low memory utilization by Postgresql threads