Causes the duration of every completed statement to be logged. The default is
off. Only superusers can change this setting.
For clients using extended query protocol, durations of the Parse, Bind, and Execute steps are logged independently.
The difference between setting this option and setting log_min_duration_statement to zero is that exceeding log_min_duration_statement forces the text of the query to be logged, but this option doesn't. Thus, if
on and log_min_duration_statement has a positive value, all durations are logged but the query text is included only for statements exceeding the threshold. This behavior can be useful for gathering statistics in high-load installations.
- Windows tool to analyze PostgreSQL log files
- Postgres not logging all queries, despite logging the duration
- Cannot get log_min_duration_statement to work
- Duration logged but not the statement -- postgresql. Are there any specific queries for this behavior?
- Simple postgresql Insert/Update queries taking *seconds* to respond every 5-7 minutes