When a password is specified in sql-createrole or sql-alterrole, this parameter determines the algorithm to use to encrypt the password. The default value is
md5, which stores the password as an MD5 hash (
on is also accepted, as alias for
md5). Setting this parameter to
scram-sha-256 will encrypt the password with SCRAM-SHA-256.
Note that older clients might lack support for the SCRAM authentication mechanism, and hence not work with passwords encrypted with SCRAM-SHA-256. See auth-password for more details.
- Postgres 10 Upgrade Stuck Queries
- Postgres 9.3 workload consumes all of memory and swap
- Enable SSL connections on PostgreSQL server
- Unable to establish Remote connection for PostgreSQL
- Postgres, Docker & Node.js - Password authentication failed (Connection refused or psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist)