When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server writes the entire content of each disk page to WAL during the first modification of that page after a checkpoint, even for non-critical modifications of so-called hint bits.
If data checksums are enabled, hint bit updates are always WAL-logged and this setting is ignored. You can use this setting to test how much extra WAL-logging would occur if your database had data checksums enabled.
This parameter can only be set at server start. The default value is
- Re: requested timeline ... does not contain minimum recovery point ...
- Re: Tracking of page changes for backup purposes. PTRACK [POC]
- Re: Online enabling of checksums
- Re: PANIC during crash recovery of a recently promoted standby
- Removing wal_keep_segments as default configuration in PostgresNode.pm