When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server writes the entire content of each disk page to WAL during the first modification of that page after a checkpoint, even for non-critical modifications of so-called hint bits.
If data checksums are enabled, hint bit updates are always WAL-logged and this setting is ignored. You can use this setting to test how much extra WAL-logging would occur if your database had data checksums enabled.
This parameter can only be set at server start. The default value is
- pg_rewind is failing on PG v12 BETA/PG HEAD
- [pg_rewind] cp: cannot stat ‘pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY’: No such file or directory
- Re: "WIP: Data at rest encryption" patch and, PostgreSQL 11-beta3
- lazy_scan_heap() forgets to mark buffer dirty when setting all frozen?
- Re: [pg_rewind] cp: cannot stat ‘pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY’: No such file or directory